Will the JP2C get a forum?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New JP2C forum?

• New forum exclusive to JP2C

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Post comments and questions in the Mark V forum

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JH2C !!!!!????????? Oh man don't do this to me! I was gonna save up and get the JP-2C and now you have said that I guess I'll hold out for something that might not even happen. Or unless you know something I don't ?

I don't imagine a jh2c, petrucci has played c+ for almost 30 years, with other meds products being the exception.
Hetfield started with Marshalls, then used the ç with Marshalls, and ventured out to wizard Diesel's and others.. So giving him asig head seams not likely...

But... I could see Mesa making a non Sig 3 channel simulclass ç+ ...

uh, I don't want to go out on a limb here, and normally I wouldn't post my answer for fear of public humiliation, but I'm going to go with "yes." :mrgreen:

I voted "No." (=Post comments on the Mark V forum)

I'm worried that the forum list is getting cluttered. And it could get worse if more new and different Mark models are released.
Also, while they are two distinct amps, they both essentially belong in the same family. Dual Rectos and Road Kings are very different but we don't (thankfully!) have separate forums for them.

Ideally, I would like to see both discussed on the same forum, maybe a "Modern Mark series" forum or something such. If a Mark VI or whatever gets released, it could happily go there as well.

barryswanson said:
JH2C !!!!!????????? Oh man don't do this to me! I was gonna save up and get the JP-2C and now you have said that I guess I'll hold out for something that might not even happen.

While I can appreciate the Mesa sounds on the classic Metallica albums, I'm not sure I'd want an amp that matches Hetfield's current sonic ideals. If he gets a signature amp that sounds anything like Death Magnetic...well, forget it.

Legend has it that the same MOP / Justice era crunch berries amp was the main go to for Death Magnetic.. so theoretically you would want an amp that could sound like that...

you just need an engineer and producer that give a ****... and a mix / master guy who doesnt put the levels to max creating distortion on the entire recording.

Ideally, Flemming is helping with the new album, and consults on their reissues and helps remix / master Justice to sound "fuller" (although i do appreciate the unique and trendsetting sound on justice... but i digress

dmcguitar said:
Legend has it that the same MOP / Justice era crunch berries amp was the main go to for Death Magnetic

It was.

But what I fear is, if Mesa made a sig amp for Hetfield today and asked him what kind of sound he wants and used his current sonic vision as their guide, we could end up with something rather different.

Back