JP2C

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markedman

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I like it, I mean I like it a lot! When I first saw it I thought I was dreaming. It sounds like Mesa Boogie really listens to its customers. I'll never sell my C+ but I will buy this amp. http://mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/electric/mark-series/jp2c/index.html

$2500 for the regular version, $3500 for the limited edition.

I can't wait to hear some demo videos! I was hoping with the announcement that Boogie would have posted some on their YouTube channel.

Oh, I missed that it was two versions. I thought that there was only the high-trim version with the fancy wood and stuff. That's not really my vibe, so I was a bit bummed. I'm so glad that they've got a plain version, too. To me, that's much more in-line with an amp that's meant to rock hard.

Fun!

Chip

Markedman said:
JH-2C same thing but simul-class.

That would be a twist! I'm a JP fan, but would rather the simulclass version.

Posted by JP's guitar tech Maddi on the Petrucci forum:

"We used the amp for the whole album. It is not the MKV C+ mode. This amp is based off of John's vintage C+ amps which are 60/100 watt. Not Simul-Class.
The Graphic EQ's are independent an can be assigned to any channel.
As a fan of the C+, I am loving this amp.
Maddi"

http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?80632-JP-has-a-new-signature-amp&p=1009636&viewfull=1#post1009636

I am not surprised of this brand new toy,

guess the idea come out from JP after trying the Mark 25.

little too much for me but I think the JP lovers and who need a great versatility in studio or on stage will love that amp :)

A.

I am looking foward to hearing clips of this amp. If it is good I will pick one up.

This amp is exactly what I wanted and after playing the Mark V25 and 35, I know it will be great sounding, worth spending $2500.00 on. Having two GEQ's is what I've always dreamed of after seeing the double GEQ unit in James Hetfield's rig. I tried (and video documented, see the effects section) the new 5 band floor pedal in the loop and I didn't like it at all. It'll be my fifteenth MESA/Boogie product I've purchased, but my first new Mesa amp. It all started with a Mark IV I bought at a pawn shop for $650.00 three years ago and then I bought in this order - 22+, DC-5, Mark llB pauduk/wicker stack, Mark lll black dot, Mesa EV thiele, Studio pre-amp, Simul-stereo 295, Road ready EV 4X12, Mark lll blue stripe, Mark llC+, Mesa EV open back cabinet, Mesa 5 band GEQ, Powerhouse 1000. Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that I should sell off some gear that doesn't get used. More than likely I'll sell it locally where people can try whatever I'm selling before they buy it as all of my gear is American made, set up to play/perform and in good condition.

I actually didn't really like the sound of the demo at all. The chorus on the clean setting was kinda cheating, and so was all the echo on the lead tones.

Trying to hear through the effects, I felt that the high-gain segments of the demo were too heavy in the low-mids and didn't have enough in the high-mids / low-treble. As a result, it sounded very recessed, like it would get lost in a mix.

I look forward to hearing other people's demos exhibiting some different tones. It's an amp with great promise. I'm looking forward to hearing a demo where it delivers on that promise.

Chip

chipaudette said:
I actually didn't really like the sound of the demo at all. The chorus on the clean setting was kinda cheating, and so was all the echo on the lead tones.

This gets me every time too. I don't want to hear how good the amp can sound with an extra $500 in effects. I want to hear the amp.

Yes, I found that demo pretty dispiriting in terms of the limited range of what I was hearing.

A bit of a shame, as JP's long Mark 5:25 demo was so much more inspiring.

Sounded like a good amp to me, but not exactly like an original C+. Not hairy enough and it does not have that immediate sense of doom the originals have. The real C+ has no manners and the JP-2C seems very refined.

Boogiebabies said:
Sounded like a good amp to me, but not exactly like an original C+. Not hairy enough and it does not have that immediate sense of doom the originals have. The real C+ has no manners and the JP-2C seems very refined.

any amp are evolving through the time , especially brand new ones, components inside has a burn in time, capacitors, speakers etc..

after 100 hours burn in the tone inprove..

its because i never buy brand new amp ! :|

Boogiebabies said:

Oh ****, let the games begin. :lol: I do like the independent reverb controls, but beyond that, I'll keep my old ones.

JOEY B. said:
Boogiebabies said:

Oh sh!t, let the games begin. :lol: I do like the independent reverb controls, but beyond that, I'll keep my old ones.

The independent reverb controls and the three independent channels would make it more live performance friendly imho. I agree with boogiebabies assessment , I was thinking the same thing. I bought one from Hollywood Mesa Feb 1st anyway , my expectations aren't that its going to sound just like an original C+ I think I would be setting myself up for disappointment . I'm hoping I'm happy enough with it so I'm hauling around a $2500 head instead of 2 original pluses and a radial amp switcher. I thought it was a good sounding amp and if it's not for me I'm sure I'll have no problem selling it. But no matter what , I'll keep my old ones also.

Back