!! Check out the new Toy @ Mesa Boogie!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fernando

Reaction score
http://www.mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/electric/mark-series/jp2c/index.html 8)

This is very exciting! It is the embodiment of my 16U rack rig. A clean channel, two mark series distortions. Well, almost. I was going for simulclass. I guess the dream master prefers class A/B.

Mario made his mark on boogie as well. The latest MIDI controlled amp they've made!

Features

Made in Petaluma, California with the world’s finest materials.

All-Tube Amplifier: 4x6L6 Power Tubes / 5x12AX7 Preamp Tubes.

Class A/B Power Amp delivers exceptional power, punch & clarity.

100/60 Watt Selectable Global Power Switch.

Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
3 Fully Independent Channels with 5 Modes:

Channel 1: Mark IIC+ Clean - Independent Gain, Treble, Mid/Boost (patent applied for; doubles as a standard Midrange Tone Control from 1 to 5 AND a Variable Gain Boost Control from 5 to 10, providing precise levels of sweet harmonic overdrive, from subtle to blistering), Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel), Assignment Switch for Dual 5-Band Graphic EQs (EQ 1 or
EQ 2 - On, Off or Footswitchable) & Master Controls.

Channel 2: Legendary Mark IIC+ Lead or Shred Modes - Independent Gain w/Pull Gain Boost, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence w/Pull Frequency Shift, Reverb (rear panel), Assignment Switch for Dual 5 Band Graphic EQs (EQ 1 or EQ 2 - On, Off or Footswitchable) & Master Controls.

Channel 3: Legendary Mark IIC+ Lead or Shred Modes - Independent Gain w/Pull Gain Boost, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence w/Pull Frequency Shift, Reverb (rear panel), Assignment Switch for Dual 5 Band Graphic EQs (EQ 1 or EQ 2 - On, Off or Footswitchable) & Master Controls
Two 5-Band Graphic EQs, each are Footswitchable or Channel Assignable.

Footswitchable All-Tube, Long-Tank, Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Control (rear panel).

Fully Buffered, Tube FX Loop (MIDI Switchable).

Built-In CabCloneâ„¢ Cabinet Simulator Output featuring: Closed-Back, Open-Back and Vintage Voices / Internal Amp Load & Headphone Output / Speaker On/Off & Ground Lift Switches / Selectable +4 or -10 Output Level Switch.

MIDI Switchable/Programmable via Control Change and Program Change messages (MIDI IN, MIDI Thru/Out, MIDI Channel & Store Switches) – Controls Channels 1, 2, 3, EQ 1, EQ 2, Shred, Reverb & FX Loop

Slave Output

All Aluminum Chassis.

New 3x3, 6 Button Footswitch (Bottom Row: Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3 – Top Row: Reverb, EQ 1 & EQ 2)

Slip Cover

Gotta say this is pretty **** awesome. Some will cry it isn't a 100% reissue clone. However I think that makes it better. If you can trust anyone with the perfect mark iic it's John pertrucci. A classic amp for modern times.

It also doesn't stand on the toes of the mark V, 35 or 25 to much. It's just a modern featured iic+.

Can't wait for the flood of videos with John.

I'm touching myself when I look at this. I can imagine here in Australia it would be close to $23,000. Also note no global output level knob and no fx send level knob.

barryswanson said:
I'm touching myself when I look at this. I can imagine here in Australia it would be close to $23,000. Also note no global output level knob and no fx send level knob.
Yeah they are $2500US. That's gonna be a few dollhairs in oz. 5k minimum prob 6...

Global output missing is interesting. Definitely not designed to me a bedroom amp. This is a work horse through and through.

Go to Mesa Hollywood's site and check out the rear pic and the size of the mother f&%#ing transformer!

Like I already posted on TGP, it is worth noting that this is 60/100, not Simul power. Curious choice. I would have imagined that there would have been significantly more interest in a Simul version.

(And yes, JMMP made the same observation above.)

LesPaul70 said:
Like I already posted on TGP, it is worth noting that this is 60/100, not Simul power. Curious choice. I would have imagined that there would have been significantly more interest in a Simul version.

I suspect the majority of Mesa's metal community is rejoicing at the 60/100 decision.

screamingdaisy said:
LesPaul70 said:

I suspect the majority of Mesa's metal community is rejoicing at the 60/100 decision.

I tend to agree. This is serious amp. No low power option for people to trick themselves into thinking 100watts is ok for bedroomers. Plus is had to be different enough from the V to not make it obsolete.

I think this will be my next amp purchase. Not for many years, maybe I'll wait for a used one.
But I'll get one. Will be a perfect match for my V:25.

You know what my favorite part about it is? It's a short head :D always liked the short head look. Small but mighty!!!!

I guess only the true Pettruchi fans are going to pay an extra grand for a stained front panel and pearloid logo.

This, in my humble opinion, is even better than a C+ re-issue! Can't wait to hear one in person. I may have to pass by the factory! And I was just in LA at the hollywood store last week...

Elpelotero said:
This, in my humble opinion, is even better than a C+ re-issue! Can't wait to hear one in person. I may have to pass by the factory! And I was just in LA at the hollywood store last week...

I agree. 2c+ is legendary but not exactly full of features. It needed the modern touch.

Here's some more photo's.

This looks awesome! For the first time in the last few years, there is now a competitor for my dream amp, the Mark V.

screamingdaisy said:

But not the Hetfield camp, though, they must have Simul since the classic 1980s Metallica tone is IIc+ Simul. Which is why I would have thought there'd have been more demand for a Simul recreation.

I can appreciate that the 60/100 is more organic and aggressive sounding; OTOH, the Simul is tighter and more modern sounding. I have played both and yes, either can sound great. Just how close this new offering is to vintage IIc+ tone (as opposed to the Mark V recreation thereof) is a bgger issue than Simul vs 60/100.

Justin_Blackened said:
2c+ is legendary but not exactly full of features.

Maybe so but they did find room to pack a whole bunch of Pull Bright, Pull Shift and Pull Deep switches that helped you sculpt your tone. In fact, I normally have 2 or 3 of them pulled on my IIc+, and there's simply no way to recreate that sound on my Mark V. Nor on the new JP 2C, apparently.

I would say that the key problem with vintage IIc+'s (aside from availability/price) is the shared controls. You can dial your dream lead tone and...that's it; your clean channel will sound like ***. Or the other way around. Obviously, in this regard the JP 2C holds the edge.

I kinda like the lack of features of a vintage c+, less to distract me and less to get in the way of pure tone but sometimes I do wish it had more flexibility. Hopefully the JP-2C can end my search to replace (retire) my c+ because so far no other amp has come close. If Mesa builds a combo version it's gonna be hard to resist buying one.

or you can just buy an original 2C+ and be done

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIC-/221972612566?hash=item33ae9945d6:g:Je4AAOSwhkRWdKOQ

Latest posts

Back