Hi1 on TA15 just ROCKS!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakeboy

Reaction score
I am loving the Hi1 channel in 5 watt mode on my TA15 a lot. I have a Marshall JMP1h and whilebthis sounds different, it is still a Marshally Tone. I find that if I turn the Gain knob down to 10--11, it sounds very JTMish. That makes a great pedal platform for an OD made for a Marshall, like a treble booster, or a Lovepedal OD11 which I recorded with yesterday. Speaker was a Red Fang alnico, but I find if I go with traditional Greenbacks on this channel, I get more grease and fat..,the ZZTOP sound just oozes out, especially with a Lovepedal COT pushing it.
I keep finding new uses for this amp, and new killer tones.

Just wanted to share. I love this amp.

Now OT, why isn’t this forum more active? I don’t get it. There are plenty of Boogie Users out there.
Did something happen at some point which wasted the forum?

Just curious.

Dunno why this forum gets so little traffic, but the TA15 is a great amp, love mine just don't use it enough.

alphasports said:
Dunno why this forum gets so little traffic, but the TA15 is a great amp, love mine just don't use it enough.
The forum traffic (or lack thereof) is a mystery to me too. There are a lot of Mesa users out there.

Never used the TA-15. I have the TA-30, and love it.

Hey jake

Just tried that mode, it does sound fantastic :)

EDIT: I was on the Normal side (green LED) with the Top Bst switch engaged when I wrote the comment...awesome cleans..now playing with your mode, sounds great!

Cheers

I love Green Vox Top-Boost channel too. The Red Fang was made for that channel. It has beautiful yet gritty cleans. Truly an incredible amp that can do anything it seems.

I love it too, it's an amazing amp. Really just about all the channels sound great! My rig is an EJ Strat straight into the Mesa and into a vertical metal grill Mesa 2x12 with Celestion G12M 20W Heritage greenbacks. It's just a tone to die for! :shock: Oh yeah, I'm running old British tubes, both pre and power amp.

I like the amp so much that I bought (2) of them just in case the Mesa factory burnt down and the prices when through the roof. So far it hasn't happened.

Just picked up one of these little guys. I love the Tweed channel through my Mini Recto 1x12.

Back