Unreliable performance from my TA-30

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcjazzjammer

Reaction score
After reliable operation for 5 or 6 years I an now having some issues with my TA-30. These include sound cutting out after playing it a while and sometimes loud buzzing starting after playing a while. One time when it cut out I switched to the USA channel and was able to finish the gig. I went through all of the tube troubleshooting guidance in the manual and ended up replacing all the power tubes and some of the pre-amp tubes. I thought I had fixed it but it cut out on me at a gig two weeks abog. I turned it off and fiddled around a bit then turned it on and worked the rest of the night. Then the other day I was practicing with it and after about 30 minutes the loud buzzing started. It is in both channels and all power levels, although it is substantially quieter in the Brit channel at 30 watts. The buzz is unaffected by turning any knobs or changing switch positions except for the reduction at Brit channel and 30 watts. I don't believe that I have changed out the phase inverter tube. so I will try that next. Any additional advice would be appreciated.

Mine did the same thing. I tried everything. Even took it to an authorized repair shop. They couldn’t figure it out.

Send it back to Mesa. It’s a problem on the board. There are also some updates they will do for free. They will fix it correctly.

Back