Have you seen the new Mesa brit invasion amp yet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit2013

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a post in Mark V forums, Mesa has a new British amp out called Triple Crown. I can wait and see if they come out with a 100W version..... Nice feature set though. Similar if not the same foot switch control as the JP-2C (yeah baby, this one has Midi 8) ). This one can use 6V6, EL34 or 6L6.

http://mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/electric/triple-crown-series/triple-crown-tc-50/head.html#cabinet-features

This makes me wonder if I can run 6V6 in an EL34 based amp. Probably not.... Wonder what a 4 tube 6v6 amp would sound like if such an amplifier exists. I am not tempted to cook any of my amps with the wrong tubes so no worries there....

bandit2013 said:
I saw a post in Mark V forums, Mesa has a new British amp out called Triple Crown. I can wait and see if they come out with a 100W version..... Nice feature set though. Similar if not the same foot switch control as the JP-2C (yeah baby, this one has Midi 8) ). This one can use 6V6, EL34 or 6L6.

http://mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/electric/triple-crown-series/triple-crown-tc-50/head.html#cabinet-features

This makes me wonder if I can run 6V6 in an EL34 based amp. Probably not.... Wonder what a 4 tube 6v6 amp would sound like if such an amplifier exists. I am not tempted to cook any of my amps with the wrong tubes so no worries there....

The Triple Crown transformer is designed to accommodate the 6V6's...NOT something that just ANY old EL34 based amp can do unless specified. Thanks!

I had figured there was something there regarding the 6V6. I like my amps in working order so would never swap an EL34 with a 6V6.
Good catch by the way.... Would have not been a good idea if someone got the idea .....

Tripple Crown, wonder if there will be 100W in the future...

Latest posts

Back