TA30 Channel 2 Issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwackhog

Reaction score
So I have had issues right from the start with my TA30 combo head. When I switch to channel 1 things are fine, but switching to channel 2 is all static with no tone at all. Tons of static. I replaced all 4 power tubes and that did not fix the problem. After further reading, since this is only an issue with one of the channels, the guides I have seen tell me to focus on the pre-amp tubes.

So I focused on the V2 and V3 tubes and switched them out with brand new ones. Nope. I then tried to swap each tube one-by-one with a brand new one while leaving in the old ones. Nope.

So what else can I try because I have replaced all power tubes and went through all pre-amp tubes (didn't replace all 6, but just swapped one out at a time).

Any suggestions?

From the user guide "...you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to cure tube problems...by simply swapping out a pre-amp or power tube!" Nope.

Just posting the answer for other users. It turns out that the outlet I was plugging into was not properly grounded. The user manual mentions properly grounded outlets for _safety_ issues, but never mentions un-grounded outlets causing sound issues! Whew! Quick fix.

Latest posts

Back