NAD!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphasports

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2nd mesa, a TA-15 to go with my Express 5:25. You might ask, "Why a TA when an Express is similar?" Answer: Because of the cool blue LEDs of course! And they're not actually that similar.

Seriously though, I've got several big combos, am tired of the 75-lb lug, and so have been kicking around the idea of a portable head-style amp solution and the only other options were a V-25 or a full-on V. Got this for $550 CAD (about $400 USD), like new, so well within budget. For now I just have it sitting on top of the Express, pirating its speaker. Will keep my eyes open in the classifieds for a nice 1x12 or something.

This little box has great tone! It would be great if it had a bit of reverb but whatever. I put a few different pedals in front of it but in the end I kind of like it as is, as a low volume practice amp here in the basement.

Carry on

Congratulations on a great amp for really good price!

Rock On

yours truly
Bojan

So in my search for a cab for my new-to-me TA-15, I almost hit on a couple of interesting deals (Avatar w V30, Traynor 1x12...) but pulled the trigger today on a new Mesa mini-recto slant 1x12. Pretty cool box, undeniably funky vibe. Sounds pretty good too, plus I can always use it as an extension for my Express. Kinda getting used to the effects-less TA-15, I love the simplicity and portability of this rig!

Back