TA15 inbound!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakeboy

Reaction score
Woohoo! My first Mesa is coming this way! I have lots of nice amps in the Fender/Marshall dept but no Mesa or Vox....and the TA15 will fill that niche! Cannot wait to crank her through a Red Fang alnico 1x12, an EV SRO coffee can alnico 1x12, and a 2x12 with v30s!

Will report back once it arrives from Mississippi. Hopefully some Delta and Hill Country blues-rock mojo will follow. I will record the hell outta this amp!

awesome glad to hear that- give us some feed back on it after you get done fondling with it for a bit- hahaha

The amp is at my house but I am on business travel....plus my outlaws just arrived so when I get home I won't be able to play it right away....soon enough...

I played her today for 20 minutes to check out all the modes....WOW what an incredibly versatile amp!
This is gonna be fun!

Ok...first impressions....

Vox mode is what I bought the amp for and it didn't disappoint. I live the clean chime of Normal and the jangly cleanish grit of TB. Perfect.

Tweed is not tweed. I have several tweed amps and it sounds like a BF Fender to me...which I don't have so...BONUS there. Great cleans.

I have a Marshall JMP1h so I wasn't expecting much from the H1 mode...but I was wrong...it gives me another GREAT Masrshall tone. Sounds like a 70s metal-panel to me.

H2 is Mesa-like and I love it. Don't have a Mesa....correction: I do now.

Most versatile amp I have ever owned and I have had and have, a bunch. I got a good deal on it due to a scratchy Cut knob. I took the amp apart, hit the pit with DeOxit and scratchiness is gone.

I will record this amp a lot....I just need to explore the various modes and wattage choices more. I will also take it to the jams I frequent. Count me in. The TA15 is awesome!

Glad you're digging it. I loved mine and only sold it to help fund a Mark V. I miss the Hi1/5 watt mode alone enough to make me buy another one.

H1/5w is awesome! I dig it at 15w too.
H2 cranked at 25 is so smooth. I like it.
Top Boost is perfect at the edge of breakup too. Just a great versatile amp to get nearly any time you may need. I haven't tried any pedals with the amp yet cuz I don't need them! But I will....I need to try a treble booster on H1 and a Red Lahma on TB...and the Klone on everything...

Love mine, such a flexible amp in a cool and handy form factor. I use mine with a mini-rec slant 1x12 cab.

Still digging the TA15! I am recording it often. I will post a tune showcasing it on here.

I absolutely love my TA-15. I run mine Ch 1 clean for that crisp, clean tone and I run Ch 2 in Hi 1 because the tube breakup is so, so rich. Running it into a Mesa Widebody 1x12 open back with Black Shadow Celestion 8ohm.

I run my Hi 1 gain at noon for when I'm playing Pearl Jam, Stones, U2, Rush, etc. I run it at 3:00 for playing Baroness and Ghost.

On both settings on Hi 1 I can mimic those bands' guitar tones very, very well.

I cannot express how happy I am with mine. It's just crazy good.

Latest posts

Back