TA-30

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulletproof

Reaction score
Im new to the Forum,so Hello Y'all!!! Ive been reading post after post about the TA-30 and Im mystified,man....Yaaa,theres a bit of a hum with mine,however,its no where as bad as some Ive read about...I was just wondering,have any of y'all having probs with the hum made sure that the power source is clean?? For instance,when Im running the washer/drier or the horse fence is on,that little bit of hum gets worse. Not intolerable,just noticeable increase....Picked up a Monster power strip for amps/effects and that seemed to clear things up a bit....

With all this being said,I love the **** thing....fell in love with the 15 and got the 30 for playing out....I really dig the Forum. Lots of good info!

bulletproof said:
Im new to the Forum,so Hello Y'all!!! Ive been reading post after post about the TA-30 and Im mystified,man....Yaaa,theres a bit of a hum with mine,however,its no where as bad as some Ive read about...I was just wondering,have any of y'all having probs with the hum made sure that the power source is clean?? For instance,when Im running the washer/drier or the horse fence is on,that little bit of hum gets worse. Not intolerable,just noticeable increase....Picked up a Monster power strip for amps/effects and that seemed to clear things up a bit....

With all this being said,I love the **** thing....fell in love with the 15 and got the 30 for playing out....I really dig the Forum. Lots of good info!
Hello and Welcome to the forum!
I have a TA-30 and also it has quite a bit of hum. I am thinking about replacing the tubes, including preamp tubes. I am not sure if it will make a big difference, but Mesa sells low noise substitute for the 12AX7:

"MESA SPAX7 preamp tubes are a low noise super-premium grade substitute for any 12AX7 positions - They are a "Special Requirement Preamp Tube" that possess an even higher standard of overall performance, due to their incredibly low sensitivity to microphonic noise - This is the ultimate preamp tube to use in all critical gain stage positions - It is the absolute best of the best!"

Back