Drive pedals with RA100?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis

Reaction score
I have been really struggling with drive pedals on my RA100. Even with very conservative settings, I get a flanger-like artifact with them. Anybody else get this? Any suggestions?

I'm using an OD808 and a BBPre.

elvis said:
I have been really struggling with drive pedals on my RA100. Even with very conservative settings, I get a flanger-like artifact with them. Anybody else get this? Any suggestions?

I'm using an OD808 and a BBPre.

Are you using them in front of the amp or in the loop ... are they with some type of pedal switching / loop switcher hardware ?
Is it happening on all channels or just one

I have used them in front of my RA100 and have not experienced any issues.

Regards, Peter

Thanks for the info. I'm using the pedals in the loops of a G System. I would have suspected that, but I have used the same setup with several amps with no problems at all. I did wind up reducing the gain and output volume of the drive pedals and now they seem to play nicely with the RA100.

The problem was on the Vintage channels, not clean.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with drive pedals, but I do have a couple. I have an Xotic AC Booster and have been unable to get any usable, good sounds out of the RA with it. It sounds nice with other amps, but I've resigned to sticking with the amp's overdrive and I'm happy with that. I do have an Xotic EP Booster that I keep at the end of the FX loop and it sounds amazing, use it for solos.

I also have a Suhr Rufus fuzz pedal and I'm still trying to figure that beast out. It seems to sound terrible on the clean channel. It sounds nice on top of the RA's gain channels, but it is entirely dependent on where it's at in the pedal chain. I haven't put it into live service yet - still experimenting with it.

I find it odd. Must be something about the RA gain structure. The Dyne works just fine with anything I put in front.

One thing about fuzz pedals is that they are generally designed to be driven directly by the guitar. If you drive into them with a buffered pedal they sound completely different. Best to put them in front or use something like a Radial Dragster.

Back