Video: RA-100 w/ Celestion Creamback & Rode NTR Ribbon

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumbpick

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just finished up another video. I'm very interested to hear what you guys think of the change vs. the previous videos I posted here. The setup:

Royal Atlantic head, multi-soak ON -4db setting
Rectifier 2x12 cab w/ (1x) original Vintage 30 and (1x) G12H-75 Creamback
Shure SM57 on V30, Rode NTR Ribbon on Creamback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z06I6kOyKs

Let me know what you think! Hope you enjoy!

~Nick

Definitely your best-recorded guitar tone yet! And you guys really put a ****-ton of effort into the songs, the composition's always great though I think I bitched about the bass playing before:

"How do you tell if there's a bass player at your door?"
"He's knocking too much."

Can't say I like how the mix worked out though. The guitar doesn't need to be louder, just not off to one side with the bass stomping all over your frequencies. Suggestion - try putting each mic at, like, 30 per cent off center right and left instead of mixing the guitar over to one side, and pull a little of the upper mids out of the bass to make room for the guitar. The bass player won't want to do that because "that's where all my definition is!" but, dude, you're the BASS PLAYER. I know he's going for the Geddy Lee thing but the bass is pretty much front and front and centre in the lows, the mids, and the highs which is not how you do it.

Back