RA100....is your clean channel louder than OD channel?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67mike

Reaction score
Hey guys....love my RA....but the clean channel is much louder than th od channel with volume set about the same.

Is this normal or ????

67mike said:
Hey guys....love my RA....but the clean channel is much louder than th od channel with volume set about the same.

Is this normal or ????

I'll check tomorrow. I live on the East Coast, so it's already past my time to crank it. Could you check something out for me as well with your RA? Is is noisy at all, or completely dead (I mean no noise or hum at all) quiet?

Thanks.

My RA has a slight hum that goes away if i put the clean channel to the first attenuation level (least amount of attenuation).

67mike said:

Is this normal or ????

Yes it's normal, but is dependant on a good number of things like where your gains, masters and tone controls are set. E.g if you turn down the gain on the clean side to say 9:00 the drive side would pretty much always be louder.

Thanks.

I usually have the gain set at 1 oclock on both channels.

Yes, the clean channel will appear louder as there is less compression than the hi/lo gain channel. Note that the RA100 does not share preamp tubes. The Clean preamp uses V4 and V5 and the Hi/Lo channel uses V1 and V2. I have confirmed this by pulling tubes to find out what tube is associated with each channel (was hunting a noisy tube).

Back