Royal Atlantic - Koko Boost louder on clean channel??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtrdave

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering why the Suhr Koko Boost (running 18v) is so much louder and boosts the clean channel way more than both drive channels? Just trying to balance things out on both sides better... is this normal? I used to have a Dual Rectifier and loved the boost how it would equally boost all channels but that is all I miss from that amp :wink: Is there any work around? I may have to purchase a heavier drive pedal for the clean channel to make things work with the Koko.... Ideas much appreciated...

Are you running your boost pre or post gain? That might be the difference... (just a thought, I haven't tried a boost pedal with my RA yet).

Yeah I'm running the boost last on the chain of pedal board. I have a Keeley mod Blues Driver and Keeley Fuzz Head that I mostly just use for the clean channel and I am boosting after because I'm just using the BD2 overdrive for light breakup. I don't really need to push the Fuzz Head (it has enough of that on its own) The Koko pushes the amp just perfect (gives more breakup) and gives a great clean db boost on the clean channel. On the RA-100 channel 2 & 3 when I kick in the Koko boost all I get is maybe half as much signal db boost. Is this going to always be the case on drive channels? It is significantly different. It does push the amp which is great for singing leads but no boost :/

Try running your boost in your effects loop - that way you're boosting "post gain" - you would want to boost your post gain signal to effectively boost your gain channels - it's kinda the same concept of you running your boost at the end of your chain after your dirt pedals (which I'm assuming your running in front of your amp/pre-gain). I don't think boost pedals really work out front for gain channels. Even in the effects loop, you still should be able boost your clean channel (and your pre-gain dirt pedals). Try it out, it's worth a shot!

Back