Mesa TA 30 -> can Transformer be "re-tapped " to 240v ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben ifin

Reaction score
Hi all

Will be going to the US for a holiday soon and plan to pick up a used TA 30 whilst I'm there.

So ...... my question is:-

a) => can the Power Transformer in a USA Model TA30 simply be re-tapped to 240v ?

or

b) => is the Power Transformer in a USA Model TA30 only 110v compatible ?

If its ( a ) I can do it myself - $0 cost.

If its ( b ) its "mega bucks " !!

Ben

The indications in the manual are that there is both a domestic and export version of this amp. It stands to reason that the transformer is the same in each version, just using different taps on the primary for each version. Also, it is indicated that the fuse holder is different for the export version, at least a different part number, requiring a different size and value of fuse. I don't know if you use the same kind of plug, for the amp end of the cord, in your country, so that's something else to consider.

Of course, you might want to direct your questions to MB factory for clarification, and perhaps order the fuse holder and any other needed parts for conversion of the domestic version to the export version, or even if the export version is available for sale here.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/US/info.html

Back