mesa transatlantic ta-30 2 12 combo review

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scull

Reaction score
Great, solid amp. over all it is tuned with the trademark boogie in your face mids. Not very impressive sound by itself or at low volumes, but come on people get out of your bedrooms, find a band and crank that amp! Channel one, lots of head room in the normal stetting with a cross between a deluxe and a ac-30 sound. the top boost setting is all ac-30. Chimney cleans, cranked with a boost and Brian May speaks to you. Channel two, tweed mode is what it says, an old fender 57 deluxe, enough said. Hi 1, if mesa boogie had made the 30 watt plexi this would be it. Hi 2 not any more gain than h1 but h2 is classic boogie drive. pros, it sounds great in any setting at all gain levels, fairly simple layout with lots of options, the 15 watt mode is perfect for smaller gigs while the 30 and 40 watts give you enough power to do large auditorium, and outdoor venues, and best of all the 2 12 combo does not weigh 100 lbs(ac-30). it comes in around 60. cons, it does not have a mids control, the fx loop/reverb buzzes when engaged(i don't use it anyway), buying tubes will kill you it has 10!(this will teach you to use the stand by switch) I'll chime in here again after I gig it for a few months. PS I find it sounds best with humbuckers or p-90s, and it plays nice with pedals too.

my gear:
mesa boogie ta-30
fender hot rod deluxe (with eminence C-rex speaker)
2010 gibson les paul traditional standard
2013 G&L legacy (if you don't know look it up)
1968 gibson es-330 8)
2011 fender thinline deluxe tele

Latest posts

Back