Ta-15 channel 2modes??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaccoss

Reaction score
Just wondering??
If ch 1 is based on a vox ac 15/30 normal and top boost
Channel2 on a fender tweed

And what about the two other? I know the hi1 is based on marshall, but which obe?? Bluesbreaker, plexi, jcm??
And what about the hi2 ?? I know hes based on mesa boogie amp but which one?? Mark serie??

Thanks in advance
frank

I don't think it's quite that specific to be honest, H1 is "Brit overdrive" (thus: Marshall) and H2 is "US hi-gain overdrive" in the traditional Mesa sense. For what it's worth, and to my ear, I find H1 sits closest to a JTM45/Bluesbreaker if you want to pin it down to a particular model (although I'm sure other ears might hear more JCM800, it's obviously quite a subjective issue). I've hardly used H2 on the second channel, I'm British so I love the H1 mode for my valve dirt (and Channel 1 set to Normal mode for cleans) and H1 sounds more old-school/vintage to me, but I'd say it's probably closest to a Mesa Mark I.

I don't own a TA-15 (yet), so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I have heard that the Hi 1 mode sounds similar to an 18 watt Marshall, a la 1974x. I've never been a Marshall guy, so I don't know the differences in their circuits, but I am familiar with the 18 watt amps, and if the TA-15 can cop that sound, then wow!

I own a ta-30 and Ch.1 is all vox style, the top boost mode is as close as I seen to an ac-30 that I have ever played. Ch.2 tweed mode is a fair interpretation of a fender tweed deluxe, hi1 is the JTM45 (plexi), and hi2 is classic boogie(original mark series). It's all that while still remaining Boogie. In other words it's not a marshall, fender, or a vox, it's a boogie with extra sprinkles. :shock:eek:ooo Sprinkles!

"Get out of the bedroom, turn your amp up and stink until you stink less. That's when it gets good." Joe Walsh

"What's bedroom volume?" Rob Chapman

Latest posts

Back