Ta-15 channel 2modes??

Discussion area for Transatlantic and Royal Atlantic.

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

aaccoss
Bottle Rocket

Ta-15 channel 2modes??

Post by aaccoss » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:48 pm

Just wondering??
If ch 1 is based on a vox ac 15/30 normal and top boost
Channel2 on a fender tweed

And what about the two other? I know the hi1 is based on marshall, but which obe?? Bluesbreaker, plexi, jcm??
And what about the hi2 ?? I know hes based on mesa boogie amp but which one?? Mark serie??

Thanks in advance
frank

Sebber
Mark II

Re: Ta-15 channel 2modes??

Post by Sebber » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:56 am

I don't think it's quite that specific to be honest, H1 is "Brit overdrive" (thus: Marshall) and H2 is "US hi-gain overdrive" in the traditional Mesa sense. For what it's worth, and to my ear, I find H1 sits closest to a JTM45/Bluesbreaker if you want to pin it down to a particular model (although I'm sure other ears might hear more JCM800, it's obviously quite a subjective issue). I've hardly used H2 on the second channel, I'm British so I love the H1 mode for my valve dirt (and Channel 1 set to Normal mode for cleans) and H1 sounds more old-school/vintage to me, but I'd say it's probably closest to a Mesa Mark I.
So many drummers, so little time.

ifailedshapes
Single Recto

Post by ifailedshapes » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 pm

I don't own a TA-15 (yet), so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I have heard that the Hi 1 mode sounds similar to an 18 watt Marshall, a la 1974x. I've never been a Marshall guy, so I don't know the differences in their circuits, but I am familiar with the 18 watt amps, and if the TA-15 can cop that sound, then wow!
Guitars --> Pedals --> Amps

Past/Present Boogies
Express 5:50+ 1x12"
Stiletto Ace 1x12"
Electra Dyne Head
Lone Star Special 1x12"
Stiletto Ace Head
Express 5:25 1x10"
Mark IVb Widebody 1x12"

scull
Bottle Rocket

Post by scull » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:05 pm

I own a ta-30 and Ch.1 is all vox style, the top boost mode is as close as I seen to an ac-30 that I have ever played. Ch.2 tweed mode is a fair interpretation of a fender tweed deluxe, hi1 is the JTM45 (plexi), and hi2 is classic boogie(original mark series). It's all that while still remaining Boogie. In other words it's not a marshall, fender, or a vox, it's a boogie with extra sprinkles. :shock:oooo Sprinkles!

"Get out of the bedroom, turn your amp up and stink until you stink less. That's when it gets good." Joe Walsh

"What's bedroom volume?" Rob Chapman