NAD Royal Atlantic! ...Again

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWAKO

Reaction score
So, I had my Stiletto and really liked it. But I started to get some GAS for the RA again, especially because I felt like I never truly took full advantage of it when I had owned it previously. (Had to sell for financial reasons). So not to make a brash decision I took my Stiletto up to the GC that had it and played them side by side. Working at GC I've been seeing the prices on Mesa's drop to ridiculous prices. And the Royals dropped as low as $999.99 (and lower) and I get the price a hundred or so lower. Playing the two side by side the Stiletto definitely held it's own better than expected but the RA still was head and shoulders better to my ears.. So I made the decision to sell my Stiletto and buy the new RA. I pretty much broke even, not bad for getting a new head. I've also found the RA pairs REALLY well with the Grid Slammer, much better than most TS style pedals. It makes me think Mesa may have had the two paired up in mind while manufacturing because it's a great match. The Grid Slammer easily gets me into mark series territory, which was what I was missing before. I'm super happy with the RA, and plan to keep this one. It was literally at the bottom of a pile of Boogies, it was obviously neglected in the store, the guy I spoke with on the phone to make sure it was still in stock didn't even know they had one. it needed a good home, I definitely have a special attachment to it.

-Kalen

Nice score man - enjoy

Living in Europe, we are always overpaying for good gear, so it's great to hear you got a great amp for $900. Sadly, we cannot import amps direct from the US (we run 220 - 240v). If we could, the market would reflect better value, and be free of price dictats by distributors

That said, Marshalls are cheap in the UK compared to what you folks pay in the US. But I don't like or use Marshalls now that I am converted to Mesa, so my gripe still stands :mrgreen:

That's daylight robbery for a new Mesa head!! Congrats, enjoy!

Oh, you sound like you could use two boogies at home to keep you from playing roulette with past and current models!!

^Yeah, you're definitely right. I'm keeping my eye out for a good deal on an Electra Dyne. Part of it is that I enjoy to experience of trying other Mesas, but also the different styles/bands I've been involved with have changed stylistically to where a different head ended up meeting my needs better. I've had the idea of running an RA and ED in stereo for a while and I'd love to make that a reality.

Pairing an RA with an ED sounds great

To add to my stable, I'm on the hunt for a good used RA or ED head (UK rated) - found nothing worth pulling the trigger on, so will keep looking ..

Latest posts

Back