I'm Back! NAD TA-15

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations!
I was a proud owner of a 5:25 Express combo for for ~ 2 years a while back, but I succumbed to GAS and sold it to pursue other gear.
Regretted selling it ever since. I've been admiring the TA-15 head since it's release. Watching and waiting in the wings looking for a good deal. One fell into my lap today! A 3 month old TA-15 head at 2/3rds the price of new in excellent condition
I've been playing it all day. Very impressed! Going through a 2X12 Avatar cab loaded w/ a Blue Dog and Silver Bell Alnicos
Would have loved to get a 5:25 Express Plus head, but couldn't justify the price tag, but this little Lunch Box fits the bill.
Glad to have rejoined the Boogie family :D

Congrats on the amp, great choice! I've been using mine with a 2x12 with V30s, and it's just fantastic, both clean (normal) and crunch (H1). My favorite sounds are from hum-bucker equipped guitars. Check out some of the TA-15 threads on this part of the forum, lots of great info on tubes, speakers, etc. Enjoy! 8)

Great choice, I've had mine for 3-4 years and it's a fabulous amp! I run mine through a pair of 1x12 Lonestar Cabs (black tolex and weave grillecloth with silver piping) loaded with C90s and it sounds and looks superb!

Great that your TA-15 worked well for you....I went this weekend again to check one out....must be some good one's out there....wish I would have had the same luck. Congrats and enjoy. 8)

Thanks for the warm welcome back!
I read a lot of reviews and the pros and cons on the TA-15 before I bought
I heard all about the hum and how the amp is a P.O.S. How it's a piece of garbage etc....
Considering the versatility and tone of this little guy, I can live w/ a little hum.
I'm pretty impressed w/ chl 1 & the tweed setting on chl 2, whether I'm using single coils, P-90's, or Humbuckers.
I haven't taken time to investigate the drive modes on chl 2, yet, but I will as soon as I get a chance to sit down and tweak the controls.
Is this a boutique amp? No, I wouldn't say it is, but IMHO it's a high quality amp, manufactured in the good old US by an accredited manufacturer.
I'm not a cork sniffer by nature, but I do appreciate great sounding amps.
I'm also a proud owner of a 14W Phaez Daisy Cutter and a highly modified Fender Blues "Senior"
So I consider the TA-15 a great addition to my guitar amp stable. :)

Latest posts

Back