RA-100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarbuff

Reaction score
Been playing small venues for the most part using my Express 5:25 plus. Played a large outdoor gig using my RA-100 head/recto cab and now remember why I bought it! Fab cleans and overdrive to die for! Killer on the back but wow what tone! :D

I am not sure why I did not look into the RA100 sooner. I went to the store to by a Roadster head, came home with the Mark V head instead. Killer amp for rock and heavy stuff. Stumbled on the RA100 while seeking out similar style amp. Had some interest in the Dynamo amp but 200W too much for me. The RA100 seems to fit the bill for what I am looking for. I wonder how KT77 or 6CA7 tubes would sound in it. I already know what speaker to match with that type of amp. I guess I better get one before it disappears like some of the other amps models. Many have raved about the Electrodyne and it is not on their web site any more. From what I have learned by watching many demos, it has that vintage tone I have been seeking, not so easy to achieve with a Mark V or Mark IV. They are both great amps but now want something to add to my collection that has a bit more detail in tone.

Is there anything you dislike about the amp?

Back