High Gain/Fuzz pedal for TA-15

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oloboy

Reaction score
I'm looking for a high gain/fuzz pedal to push my TA-15. I currently have 2 OD pedals (Direct Drive and Gain Changer). The amp's different voicings are set to the edge of breakup and then push them over with these overdrives. I'm now looking for a high gain/fuzz pedal that can do the same for dirtier tones. Hopefully it will strattle between distortion and fuzz, stack with the Barber ODs and work well with low wattage/bedroom volume. I had an OCD but it sounded fizzy in this situation.

Any advice out there to fill this need? I have been looking at the Black Arts Pharaoh, Blackout Hoof, Wampler Triple Wreck and a few others.

Thanks,
O

I'm happy with the empress multidrive which had OD, distortion and fuzz running in parallel with adjustments for each.
For me it works best after a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (Fulldrive in comp cut mode and low gain).
It works well at low volume and has very useful 3 band EQ with 3 selectable midrange freqs.
It may not replace a dedicated fuzz though. I have the fuzz set to be selected by footswitch so my two channels are OD/Distortion and OD/Distortion/Fuzz. The second setting adds what for me is a tasty but "in control" fuzz.
I've tried many pedals of these three types and for the more traditional blues/rock/psych sounds I want it works well. Very tweakable combination.
Even if you got this you might still want the Hoof or some other fuzz but for me it's just right.

Latest posts

Back