High Gain/Fuzz pedal for TA-15

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oloboy

Reaction score
I'm looking for a high gain/fuzz pedal to push my TA-15. I currently have 2 OD pedals (Direct Drive and Gain Changer). The amp's different voicings are set to the edge of breakup and then push them over with these overdrives. I'm now looking for a high gain/fuzz pedal that can do the same for dirtier tones. Hopefully it will strattle between distortion and fuzz, stack with the Barber ODs and work well with low wattage/bedroom volume. I had an OCD but it sounded fizzy in this situation.

Any advice out there to fill this need? I have been looking at the Black Arts Pharaoh, Blackout Hoof, Wampler Triple Wreck and a few others.

Thanks,
O

I'm happy with the empress multidrive which had OD, distortion and fuzz running in parallel with adjustments for each.
For me it works best after a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (Fulldrive in comp cut mode and low gain).
It works well at low volume and has very useful 3 band EQ with 3 selectable midrange freqs.
It may not replace a dedicated fuzz though. I have the fuzz set to be selected by footswitch so my two channels are OD/Distortion and OD/Distortion/Fuzz. The second setting adds what for me is a tasty but "in control" fuzz.
I've tried many pedals of these three types and for the more traditional blues/rock/psych sounds I want it works well. Very tweakable combination.
Even if you got this you might still want the Hoof or some other fuzz but for me it's just right.

Back