Royal Atlantic & forum newbie!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cory

Reaction score
Hi y'all - I guess I need to introduce myself as a humble newbie - just purchased a RA-100 head a few weeks ago and I'm in love! :D I had been using a Marshall JVM410h for years and thought that was the holy grail of amps until I tried out a RA. Man, it's everything I've been looking for and more. So simple, and so freakin' good. The one thing I've been doing since I bought it...actually playing! I was always endlessly tweaking my settings with the JVM (there's 28 knobs :shock: ) - just too much for me, and I didn't realize it until I played a RA. So happy with it that I'm selling my JVM as we speak. I used to own a Mesa Express 2x12 years ago and always regretted selling it. Now I'm back with Mesa and I think I'm here to stay! :D

Congrats on your purchase and finding the tone your looking for. Welcome to the forum.

thanks man, I played for about 2 hours last night and I'm just so amazed by the tone I'm getting out of the RA - I couldn't be happier! :D

What everyone else said !

I still love my RA after a full year with it. Always great tone at any volume level. Have virtually stopped checking out other amps.

I started with an Express 5:25 which I thought was great, but was always messing with the controls. Since getting the ED and RA, once setup the volume is usually all that gets changed. Turn on and play :D

The only thing I've really done is get a Celestion creamback speaker. I really liked the 2x12 traditional V30 loaded cab I have, but the CB is working even better.

Latest posts

Back