TA-30 combo question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonefordays

Reaction score
I have been leaning towards blues a lot lately. In particular I have acquired a new National ResoLectric and play with a slide. I own at the moment a Studio Pre and 2:95 as well as a Recto Recording Pre and 2:100. Both rigs can give me a bit of a blues breakup rather effortlessly and in particular I like the Studio/2:95 combination. The only thing is that this rig is rather sizable and heavy with 2 speaker cabinets. I have been considering a TA-30 1x12 combo as more of a lightweight rig for this guitar. Either that or a LSS. Any thoughts on suitability or which might be a better choice?

Or... I could just get a 20:20 for the Studio Pre. I sold a mint one a few months ago and am regretting it.

tonefordays said:
I have been leaning towards blues a lot lately. In particular I have acquired a new National ResoLectric and play with a slide. I own at the moment a Studio Pre and 2:95 as well as a Recto Recording Pre and 2:100. Both rigs can give me a bit of a blues breakup rather effortlessly and in particular I like the Studio/2:95 combination. The only thing is that this rig is rather sizable and heavy with 2 speaker cabinets. I have been considering a TA-30 1x12 combo as more of a lightweight rig for this guitar. Either that or a LSS. Any thoughts on suitability or which might be a better choice?

Or... I could just get a 20:20 for the Studio Pre. I sold a mint one a few months ago and am regretting it.

I've got a TA-15 head and a LSS 2x12 combo, I also play blues and blues/rock. If I had to make a choice between the LSS and a TA-30 combo I'd go for the LSS, it's just got the best cleans of any amp I've tried and a spectacular sounding reverb. The TA has more gain available to it though, so if you're looking for true high gain tones without resorting to pedals, the TA is a better bet. If you're specifically looking for "clone" tones for AC15/30, Fender Tweed, Marshall Plexi-ish and Mesa Hi-Gain then obviously the TA is tailor-made for you, while the LSS is very much its own amp in its own right.

Back