TA-15 + Orange Tiny Terror = High Gain Bliss

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

base851

Reaction score
I <3 my lunchboxes. :lol:

Originally had the Terror A/B/Y with my Triple Recto (on Orange channel). Figured that hybrid tone would be hard to beat... I was wrong.

On a lark I paired my TA-15 up with the Terror and that effectively ended Tone Quest for me. The Triple sounded good, but a little harsh when paired up. The TA, maybe because it's a little more "British-y" just complements the Orange sound so much better IMHO. You wind up with this nice, even, warm growl with just a touch of high-end bite. It's really quite nice. :)

It's funny that you mentioned these two amps together as I just jammed with a friend last night, I used my TA-15 and he used his TT (each using a 1x12). Usually when we jam, I play clean rhythm and he distorted leads, because when we both were distorted we didn't get the same nice blend of sounds no matter what amp I used. But with the TA, I was able to use H1 and Top Boost, on 15 and 25 watt modes, and he had his usual high gain settings on the TT, and we had great sounds together. The clean Normal of the TA was also great sounding with the TT. My friend even mentioned wanting to get a TA himself and A/B/Y-it with his TT. Great sound from the TA for sure, and such a small amp, and both the TA and TT are just about the same size. 8)

Back