TransAtlantic-15 vs 5:25 Express Plus

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dml13

Reaction score
Bought a TA-15 a few days ago. I paired it with a mini Rec 1x12 clsed back cab. I realize Mesa makes a specific cab to go with the Transatlantic series but I thought the open back cab made it sound thin. ???? Was having some trouble with the overdrive channel - turns out it was a bad tube, but I'm still wondering if I made the right decision. I A/B'd the TA-15 with the new 5:25 Express Plus combo and still ended up with the TA-15 - but am wondering if the Overdrive on the 5:25 is better. Anyone have thoughts on these amps? THe 5:25 does have a lot of features - but then again it always seems like more knobs to turn. Experiences? Guidance? Suggestions?

You won't regret going for the TA-15! The cleans, edge of break up and low/med gain sounds are hard to beat and unlike some Mesa amps it gives up its best sounds without much tweaking.

Bad tubes are a real problem these days, I've had a few over recent years that made a good amp soud pretty bad.

I've got both closed and open back 1x12 cabs to go with the TA-15 and have come to prefer the open back (although both sound killer).

Back