question for TA-30/TA-15 crowd

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
man, i have played a 15 and it is killer-I would rather have a 30 because of loop and verb...you may see a 15 for sale every now and then, but I never see a 30 for sale
-I am familiar with the verb "problem" regarding the 30(noise)...it must not be much of an issue, because finding a used one is like finding a hen's tooth
-anyone out there palyed both?would love to hear cmparisons,advice,etc

I had a TA-15 for a trial and liked it but found the TA-30 much better for clean sounds, power and gig-ability. The effects loop adds a lot of versatility and the reverb is great too. Well worth the upgrade. I did not care for the 5 watt setting on the 15 so don't miss it. I was more interested in head room. The Fender Tweed 40 watt and Vox 30 watt clean sounds are superior on the TA-30. The overdrive boost option on the TA-30 is over the top. Both amps are great, depends on your needs, but my recommendation is the TA-30. Mine has no noise issues. just the normal noise in high gain settings found in any Vox-style Class A amp with no negative feedback. Great versatile and musical amp.

I've had the TA-30 and loved the sounds I got out of it.....what I did'nt like was the noise from the reverb and effects loop when switched on and the lack of reliability, in the year that I owned it it eat a set of powertubes and kept cutting out when it warmed up. My tech repaired it, but I sort of lost faith in it to use as my main amp and sold it.
I bought the 30 after trying a TA-15 and loving the so called vox channel which on the 30 just isnt as nice as the 15.... But hey! Taste differs and is really subjective. The tweed clean is nice warm and sparkly the London sound? Isnt marshall overdrive at all.........the TA-30 has shed loads of character and gives loadsa nice sounds, but physically its a tad fragile for my taste.
I purchased it secondhand and actually made a profit when I sold it which was ok. I have found a TA-15 for €550 which is half the new price here in the Netherlands and wil pick it up this week.

I have the same reverb noise / hum / buzz in my TA-30. The switch completely kills the noise when switched off. comments?

Latest posts

Back