HUGE footprint!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardn10

Reaction score
I checked out some amps todayand I think the thing I love about Mesa Boogie is the HUGE footprint their amps have, they sound so big and 3-D. I am loving my modified Dual Rectifier.

Amps checkd out today, Fryette SigX, Splawn Competition, Marshalls, Orange RV50 and Mesa Boogies.

The Royal and Electra Dyne are no exception.

The biggest things that have kept me from taking a serious shot at owning a Royal or E.D is the fact that both amps lack an effects on/off on the footswitch and lack a solo boost! Yikes. :(

Sounds like you're looking for that magical, perfect amp. It doesn't exist, man. ;)

My $.02: FX loop switches don't let time-based effects trail off naturally, therefore I would never user one. A clean boost or EQ pedal in the loop fixes your solo boost issue. Again, just my opinions.

ifailedshapes said:
Sounds like you're looking for that magical, perfect amp. It doesn't exist, man. ;)

My $.02: FX loop switches don't let time-based effects trail off naturally, therefore I would never user one. A clean boost or EQ pedal in the loop fixes your solo boost issue. Again, just my opinions.

First time I've heard this. I've never used "the loop" but there is so much "gotta have a loop for me" on the internet.

TW

twally said:
ifailedshapes said:

First time I've heard this. I've never used "the loop" but there is so much "gotta have a loop for me" on the internet.

TW

I always put reverb/delay in the loop, but it's a pet peeve of mine when you hear the effect cut off unnaturally. Many Mesa amps have a button on the foot switch to turn the loop on and off. If you use this switch, you won't hear the effects trail off.

I definitely wasn't saying I don't use the loop. :)

Honestly, whether or not an effect trails off or not, makes no difference to me.

ifailedshapes said:
twally said:
ifailedshapes said:

TW

I always put reverb/delay in the loop, but it's a pet peeve of mine when you hear the effect cut off unnaturally. Many Mesa amps have a button on the foot switch to turn the loop on and off. If you use this switch, you won't hear the effects trail off.

I definitely wasn't saying I don't use the loop. :)

Latest posts

Back