Update on TA30 reverb/EFX loop issues?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teetopkram

Reaction score
Greetings all from a newbie. I play in a cover band so versatility of tones within an amp is important. Would rather avoid the digital emulation route. Have been playing a Carvin x100B combo for a few years which does a good Fender & Marshall approximation, but I really want the Vox and Boogie sounds too. Hence a buddy suggested I try the TA30. In short, it sounded glorious. Before reading anything about the amp, I did notice the reverb was a little noisy and had this strange harmonic tone, independent of what I played. After demoing the amp I started reading the forums and then discovered others were having various issues with the reverb and effects loop. This has halted me from getting this amp, for now. I'm also waiting on GC to get a new Express 2:25+ in to try that out as well...

Anyway, long story to ask if anyone has any updates on the reverb/EFX loop problems. Did changing tubes help? Did extra shielding around the reverb tank help? Has Mesa acknowledged the issue and will be redesigning the circuit? Is the problem prevalent throughout most amps, or only just the occasional one such that trying out several could find one that's fine?

BTW I'd be purchasing the 112 combo only. Not sure if the aforementioned problems are more prevalent in the head vs. combo.

THANKS!!!

Back