RA-100 cut out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman

Reaction score
I received my RA-100 today. I let it warm up for a bit. Played on 50W mode for a while. Engaged the power soak , switched to 100W and playing on HI for a bit and then the amp cut out (no power, no lights , nothing). I was expecting to find a blown fuse but there wasn't one. I toggled the power off and back on, and the amp came back to life. So what gives? Do I have a tube about ready to go? Anybody else have this happen?

Make sure the power lead at the amp is fully seated. I have had a similar issue and it was just a loose power lead.

Sorry to hear about your issues, Iceman. If you tried reseating the tubes, I would suspect you have a bad preamp tube somewhere in the amp. Check V-7. I have an RA-100 too and found a faulty preamp tube in that slot that was causing similar 'cutting out' problems.

Good luck and let us know how you made out.

I think the RA has the power cord where the Electra Dyne is, make sure it's in solid. I had a dumb moment where it came loose and I went crazy trying to diagnose a tube issue when it was just a loose power cord.

* now where's the hammer smacking head smiley?*

The power cord doesn't seem like the most solid connection so I could buy that (although it faces downward not upward so a little odd). I played for several hours yesterday with no issue. What a great sounding amp. I'll probably start a different post to give my initial impressions.

Back