Engaging Royal Atlantic reverb lower volume slightly?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesMesa

Reaction score
I just picked up a used RA and am loving it so far! The master volume and soak make this amp so much more usable (to me) than the Electra Dyne. It took me a while to balance the highs in the blue and red channels and think I have it now.

When I started playing with the reverb, engaging the reverb in the blue and red channels seems to lower the volume a very tiny amount, or perhaps it rolls off the highs slightly. Has anyone else experienced this? My initial thoughts are that it's part of the design as the reverb in the ED changed the tone somewhat if I remember correctly.

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. IMO, the slight volume decrease is probably a normal artifact of using tube reverb. After all, reverb is adding a slow decay to the signal, which users can vary the strength of through the reverb knob. The decay probably is responsible for any perceived volume difference.

I have an RA and find the amp to be absolutely fabulous. I actually prefer its clean tones to most amps out there. It is very reminiscent of a Fender Bassman to my ears. In terms of sound and feel.

Good luck!

Back