I want a TA-30 combo. Should I? I DID!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmontgomery

Reaction score
I need a good combo amp. I had a Fender supersonic 22 that was unreliable so it had to go. I took that money, sold a guitar and got a Fuchs Blackjack 21 MKII head. The Fuchs sounds great but I need a good combo. I had a TA15 that I really liked si I'm thinking a TA30 combo will fit the bill. I've posted a trade offer in the classifieds to generate some interest. I've never seen one for sale used. Does that mean everyone's still loving their TA30s? What do you TA30 owners think, are yours still holding up?

i have a TA30 head and im very happy with it. A perfect complement to my Mark V. (as you..) So i would say yes, you shoud...

I was really happy with the TA15 I had. I've never seen a TA30 for sale used so that tells me people are keeping them. Usually when a new amp comes out you start seeing them for sale online within a few months.
I've put my amp on the 'bay so I should have the funds pretty quick. I'm thinking of getting a custom color on the tolex.

I had forgotten how slow this section moves compared to the Mark V section.

I am still enjoying my TA-30 combo, and feel it is a nice compliment to my MkV and Mini Rec. The only mode that I haven't bonded with is H2. The TA-30 excels at cleans and broken up mid gain distorted sounds. IMHO high gain lead sounds are not its forte.....especially when compared to the MkV and Mini Rec.

However, the Top Boost circuit of Ch1 is very versatile and can cop high gain clean sounds ala "The Who" quite nicely, and responds very nicely to the volume knob setting of the guitar. The Top Boost circuit of the TA-30 offers fantastic sounds that I am not able to achieve on my MkV or Mini Rec and is a very addictive mode to play.

My recommendation is try before you buy because the TA-30 112 combo is pricey.

Best of luck!

I did it. I bought a new TA30 combo in cream tolex. I am loving this amp. It's the perfect companion to my Mark V as there is no overlap in tones. I know it's the honeymoon period but I highly recommend this amp.

Congrats!!
I just finished "Rocking out to it" in Top Boost mode really pushed. Man, I love this mode!!
I do hope that you find it to be an excellent "alternate" addition to your MkV as I have! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back