Transatlantic Cabs?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghunter

Reaction score
I'm about to pick up a TA-15 head, and am curious if anyone has tried the four matching cabinets?

1x10
1x12 19
1x12 23
2x12

I'm not actively gigging so the 2x12 is probably out for me, but I'm curious what others are using with their TA-15's and TA-30's.

I got a 1x12 transatlantic cab for my ta-15 and it seemed for me the best choice for my needs.

I got the 19. Didnt know there where two, whats the difference? I figured why buy the 1x10 if I could get the 1x12, the 2x12 seemed overkill for me. I needed a powerful sounding, compact, versatile cab for home/studio/small gigs. The 1x12 is a great fit for me.

I match my TA-15 to a DV Mark Mini 12 cabinet. It only weighs 12 lbs, handles 150 watts, and is smaller than any of the Boogie alternatives. I use Boogie 1-12 cabs with my Mark IV, but for my lightweight rig I wanted an equally lightweight cabinet to pair with the TA-15, and the Mini 12 seems to me to be the optimal pairing (absence of Boogie logo notwithstanding!).

I use the 1x12 19 and it works great as a grab and go gig package. Sometimes I'll add a 1x12 mesa thiele cab for a bigger low end thump.

Well, I just bought the TA 1x12 19 and it should be here in about a week.

I have the 1 x 12 23" cab. The wider cab is sized so the 1 x 12 combo can fit on top.
Nice cab, got it for $389 at the local GC.
IMG_1182.jpg

My 1x12 19 arrived today, the voicing seems very well matched to the TA-15. Some of the settings that made my ears bleed through the Tremoverb's cabinet now seem a lot smoother, and the Vox/Top Boost setting is amazing.

I am happy that I bought a TA cabinet to go with a TA amp. I'lll still try to add a Thiele as a second cab to experiment :)

Back