TA-15 question/problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markblasco

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone else who has a TA15 can do a test with theirs and see if they are having a similar issue.

If I use channel one top boost and crank up the gain (volume) in 5 watt mode, the signal almost starts to cut out if I hit the strings hard. It sounds almost like a compressor that is set way too aggressively, and there is some weird distortion (not the pleasant sounding kind). If I pop it into 15 or 25 watt mode, it seems to work fine, and gives me a nice distorted sound.

Is this just a part of the design? Does anyone else have the same issue?

I have the same symptom, but only when the master is put very low. Really ugly and cutting in and out. When I turn up the master a bit (or switch to 15 or 25W), everything is fine again...

plexikernst said:
I have the same symptom, but only when the master is put very low. Really ugly and cutting in and out. When I turn up the master a bit (or switch to 15 or 25W), everything is fine again...

OK, I'll have to try turning up the master and see if that fixes it.

Well, that seemed to do it, once I turned it up past a certain point it sounded fine.

Back