Post your Royal Atlantic rig's!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guitarrhinoceros.
I've had a good share of mesa amp as you can see by my sig
but this RA-100 is just so refreshing to plug into to.
The voice's from each mode are nothing short of AMAZING!
It seems like little by little this amp is starting to get some attention from
more players and part of that i believe might be from it's name.We're quick to judge,
so me being a Rock/metal player overlooked this amp at first thinking it would be more of a transatlantic
voice(type of fender tones) which might not be for a metal guitarist.
I was so wrong when i plugged in and just completely floored and that was after i saw Mark from LOG doing a demo
on this amp.Video's started popping up of the RA-100 showing the features in detail and thats where i think people started opening
there eyes.
This might be the best mesa amp i ever plugged into!
Richb

richb said:
Thanks guitarrhinoceros.
I've had a good share of mesa amp as you can see by my sig
but this RA-100 is just so refreshing to plug into to.
The voice's from each mode are nothing short of AMAZING!
It seems like little by little this amp is starting to get some attention from
more players and part of that i believe might be from it's name.We're quick to judge,
so me being a Rock/metal player overlooked this amp at first thinking it would be more of a transatlantic
voice(type of fender tones) which might not be for a metal guitarist.
I was so wrong when i plugged in and just completely floored and that was after i saw Mark from LOG doing a demo
on this amp.Video's started popping up of the RA-100 showing the features in detail and thats where i think people started opening
there eyes.
This might be the best mesa amp i ever plugged into!
Richb

That is pretty interesting that you write this may be the best Boogie you've played through. This will be my first Boogie purchase I've ever made. I played the amp on and off for the past three months or so, and each time I just loved the results. The cleans are so spanky and glassy, yet still retain very nice bass and cut. I thought the cleans had a nicer high end shimmer to them than the Recto I also played through. Tone is so subjective, but the amp definitely spoke to my fingers and ears. I really will be curious to see if it unseats my Sahana as being my "go to" amp for recording and performances.

I like what you wrote about the RA. I'm going to have to take some time to sift through the many posts on here to learn all I can about the RA from other users' perspectives. I honestly spend most of my time at TGP, but obviously will be spending more time here now that I will have a Boogie of my own. Is this forum pretty informative? Are you at TGP too? I have the same handle everywhere, so I'm fairly easy to track down.

Teasers:
DSC07576.jpg

DSC07575.jpg

The best part of these rigs is that they're just the amp and guitar (plus some whisky). Great photos. \m/

I love the look of that Genz-Benz cab with the RA!
Man is it expensive though! If you ever want to let it go...

rabidinus said:
I love the look of that Genz-Benz cab with the RA!
Man is it expensive though! If you ever want to let it go...
There was a place blowing them out on ebay. They were asking $600 OBO I ended up picking it up for $525. Not to bad. Love the way it sounds.

SWEET RIGS guys..Joey b,That was a classic for this forum!
Keep em coming.
btw;i just got off the phone with mike @ mesa and asked about a custom option
for the RA-100 and yes it is possible.for vinyl it's $319 plus $179 for the vinyl covering
this does not include the reverb tank.
hummm...sounds intriguing :D
Richb

rabidinus said:
Here's mine:

20120425_204933.jpg

w/Irish Whiskey pumping the sound as I listen to Gary Moore wailing away...

What kind of cabinet is that? Looks killer.

Jmango said:
rabidinus said:
Here's mine:

20120425_204933.jpg

If your serious about your question,I believe your on the wrong forum but honestly,I think your joking....right? :shock:
you are joking,aren't you??? :(
Richb

richb said:
Jmango said:
rabidinus said:
Here's mine:

20120425_204933.jpg

If your serious about your question,I believe your on the wrong forum but honestly,I think your joking....right? :shock:
you are joking,aren't you??? :(
Richb

Not really. The recto andRoad king are identical... Are YOU in the right forum? :mrgreen:

I might not be in the right forum i'm seeing things.His sig says vertical recto,the pic shows horizontal.I stand corrected... :oops: sorry,i didn't mean anything by that man.
Richb

You ARE seeing things! The vertical recto cab reference is from MY sig in the double quote...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

richb said:
I might not be in the right forum i'm seeing things.His sig says vertical recto,the pic shows horizontal.I stand corrected... :oops: sorry,i didn't mean anything by that man.
Richb

Jmango said:
You ARE seeing things! The vertical recto cab reference is from MY sig in the double quote...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

richb said:
Richb
I need to put this guitar down and go to sleep! :lol:

Too Too Cool!

Do you use them both together?
Can you give your comparison between the two?

...By the way I would like to welcome you to an elite group of 4 or 5 or so players that own the RA! :lol:

Latest posts

Back