Another New RA owner!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidinus

Reaction score
I am in love -that's right!- in LOVE with my Electra Dyne combo and amp head. Yep I have two. Went to pick up a rectifier 2x12 cab and walked out with an RA
as well -what!

Won't get a chance to try it out with the band till Thursday but at home with my trusted BB Preamp I am getting a VERY Gary Moore influence tone. Man,
have I been craving that! Very excited!

I am hoping that with the attenuator I can get a singing, biting clean tone! The vintage hi/lo seems like it will be a no brainer - just need to turn up to drummer
volume - I CAN'T WAIT!

I put the original c90 back in my Dyne combo to sell it but when I tried it out to make sure all was well I was just floored with how good it sounded! It stays...
So I'm "stuck" with my two amazing Dynes and an RA...this is gonna be GOOD!!!!

Nice, but where are the pics :lol:

I don't see any reason not to have the Electa dyne and the Royal atlantic. I was offered a good trade in on the ED, but decided I really couldn't part with it.

I've had my RA at a few band practices now. It almost seems to easy, the way it cuts through or blends in at will.

That's awesome! I've watched a few demos and the amp looks sweet. I really want to go test drive one out but I know if I do it will be coming home with me.

EDIT: I see you are in Austin, where did you get it at?

Got it at Musicmakers South from Luke. He has a couple of quick RA demos on Youtube under guitarwolfluke.
They're good demos. 1st one I saw he played country/blues styles in clean mode, 2nd one is gained out.

Turns out he does pickup work with my daughter (singer) and her boyfriend (very good guitarist!)...

Guitar Center at Anderson Lane has one but Luke was a better alternative for me.

Sure - but they'll be from a phone camera. It's all I have. It will be sometime tomorrow. I'm at work (ssshhhh)...after
that my band is auditioning for a club owner at one of those Sunday open mikes...

rabidinus said:
Got it at Musicmakers South from Luke. He has a couple of quick RA demos on Youtube under guitarwolfluke.
Luke is a great guy, he sold me my mini rectifier a few months ago. I'll check out his RA demos... thanks and congratulations again!

that guy's demos are actually what sold me on the RA-- I really don't think the Hagerty's ones do it justice.

hers's my rigs with my beloved 335

dphotocorrected.jpg

bphoto.jpg

The Dyne rig is supremely cool in person...the BB is on the Dyne because they are ONE!

Yep it's a plaintop - red after 335 heroes Alvin Lee and Freddie King - and oh yeah that Clapton guy :)
I do love,love the 335 vintage subursts though!

Using my Electra Dyne I've found a world of tones just leaving the pickup selector in the middle and raising/lowering volume/tone controls.
The Dyne really brings the mid sweetness out of the 335. I fully expect the RA to be capable of the same.

Saw your amp -what a beauty! I'm stoked about you being stocked! :) It's a great feeling!

Back