Which Atlantic?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcdon

Reaction score
If you were going to buy an Atlantic, would you get the TA-15, TA-30, or Royal Atlantic? Also, with the Royal Atlantic's multi-soak, could you get as good of tone at low volumes that you can get from the Mark V? Also, if you have a Mark V would you even bother with an Atlantic?

Thanks!

I have a Mark V and TA 30, i think they complement each other very well...TA 30 is very portable, Channel 1 has that great Vox flavour and is loud enough for every situation...

I guess a lot depends on what your definition of low volume is. I don't think anyone will tell you that the multi-soak will turn the RA in a low volume bedroom amp. Thats not what its meant for either.

My opinion is the RA still sounds good at very low volume and is better without the multi-soak.

As for which Atlantic, that depends what you are going for tone wise. As it turns out, the RA is quite different to the TAs. You really need to go and test them all for yourself.

I chose an RA over the MKV. I think its fair to say that the RA does what it does better than the MKV, it just can't do as much :mrgreen:

What do you play and what tones do you want from an Atlantic ? Telling us that will get you a better answer.

Thanks guys. Sorry if the question was a bit vague. I was just wondering how the Atlantic series lines up (e.g. is the Royal Atlantic simply a higher wattage version of the TA-30 which is the big brother of the TA-15). Also, I have a Mark V already and was wondering if the Atlantic would add something that isn't covered with my Mark V (like my mini-rectifier does). I'm going to go give them all a whirl but thought I'd see what people had to say too.

Thanks!

don

Here's what Marco says on the Petrucci forum today his Quote is on p.2
btw;Jumped on one a few months ago and never been happier and yes i swapped out the purple jewel for the aqua jewel(gives it a different type of look),really i just don't dig purple...lol
Richb
http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?77703-New-Marco-Sfogli-Video-(Italian-Clinics)

Thanks, Rich! I am almost certain I'm going to get the Royal Atlantic. The only reason I haven't went to play one yet is that I'm afraid it will come home with me that day.

bcdon said:
Thanks, Rich! I am almost certain I'm going to get the Royal Atlantic. The only reason I haven't went to play one yet is that I'm afraid it will come home with me that day.
If you have the funds ready...DO IT!
you'll be so happy you did.I actually have all 3 modes set on 12db right now and so far i think the lo-gain mode will stay on 12db
it sounds that good!
keep us posted. 8)
Richb

Back