RA-100 Combo with slave out to Eminence Reignmaker/Maverick

Discussion area for Transatlantic and Royal Atlantic.

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

odin
Bottle Rocket

RA-100 Combo with slave out to Eminence Reignmaker/Maverick

Post by odin » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Has anyone used the slave out feature on a Royal yet? I like the 2x12 comob I have but I am thinking about exploring a richer sound by adding another slaved 2x12 cabinet. I am thinking of getting a Blackstar HTV-212 cab and swapping out the crappy Celestions in it with an Eminence Reignmaker/Maverick combo.
I love the power soak feature on this amp. While I still consider this a close 'bedroom' amp...I wonder what this amp would sound like through a couple 12" Eminence Reignmaker/Mavericks with the FDM attenuation feature on these speakers (-9db max). Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this? It more of a 'gee whiz' question and maybe not all that practical attenuating -25db!
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6 Black Cherry
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic Combo 2x12
Boss GT-10
Blackstar DISTX
ISP Decimator
Behringer V-Amp Pro
Behringer Ultragraph Pro

guitarrhinoceros
Mark II

Re: RA-100 Combo with slave out to Eminence Reignmaker/Maverick

Post by guitarrhinoceros » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:48 pm

odin wrote:Has anyone used the slave out feature on a Royal yet? I like the 2x12 comob I have but I am thinking about exploring a richer sound by adding another slaved 2x12 cabinet. I am thinking of getting a Blackstar HTV-212 cab and swapping out the crappy Celestions in it with an Eminence Reignmaker/Maverick combo.
I love the power soak feature on this amp. While I still consider this a close 'bedroom' amp...I wonder what this amp would sound like through a couple 12" Eminence Reignmaker/Mavericks with the FDM attenuation feature on these speakers (-9db max). Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this? It more of a 'gee whiz' question and maybe not all that practical attenuating -25db!
You don't use the slave out to hook up another cab. The slave out is for another amp. If you would like to add cabs, use the vacant speaker out, and swap the switch to 4 ohms (if you are using two 8 ohms cabs, or the 8 ohms if you have two 16 ohms cabs).

Assumer
Mark III

Post by Assumer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:57 pm

I am using a Genz Benz Black Pearl 2x12 cab with Reignmaker speakers. I really like the cab. It gives more of a classic sound. (the genz is somewhat shallow and an open back) Not tons of bass but that could be due to the cab.
All lefties
MM Axis Super Sport HH
MM JP6
Electra Dyne Head
Genz Benz 2x12 black pearl cab
AXFX2

odin
Bottle Rocket

Post by odin » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks guitarrhinoceros. I'm new to using amps...although I've been playing guitar for years through a pedal. Needless to say I'm not very good....but the The RA combo (actually the first amp I have ever had) is inspiring me to play better.
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6 Black Cherry
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic Combo 2x12
Boss GT-10
Blackstar DISTX
ISP Decimator
Behringer V-Amp Pro
Behringer Ultragraph Pro