TA-15 hiss

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman63

Reaction score
I"ve had mine for a few years now, it's one of the early ones. At idle, this amp has an audiable hiss regardless of what channel I'm on...even on the clean channel. I notice this mostly when I'm playing at church if we have a few minutes between songs. It's not overly loud, but definately noticable. Anyone else with this amp experience this? I imagine it's just the nature of the amp.

Yeah, I've also noticed with my TA-15 that it can get a bit noisy at certain venues, and it can get quite noticeable when using overdrive pedals in front of the amp.

I did a little digging around outside of the Transatlantic disscussion area, and it seems the hiss is quite common with the TA-15

ALL tube amps have something to deal with. Guys like Satriani and Vai,etc. have extermely sophisticated compressor/noise gate/eq systems to sound as quiet as they do between passages. Hiss annoys me too but my drummer and bass player actually like it! They say that's the way rock is supposed to sound :lol:

Mine has as much of a buzzing sound as a hissing sound, and it is definitely noticeable, even with everything set for a very clean signal. What I find funny is that I can dime the mini rectifier master volume on the clean channel and it is pretty much silent, but the TA15 can't get a really clean noiseless sound at all, which was the opposite of what I expected.

Back