TA-15 and pedals?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Gnarly

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering picking up a Transatlantic 15, but I'm wondering how they handle pedals. Having owned an AC30 for a couple years I know some amps just don't take pedals that well, just wondering what you fine folks think.
Thanks!

Yeah, I've had similar issues with a VOX AC30 that didn't like certain overdrive/distortion pedals: the TA-15 is a totally different beast and I've had no problems with any of my pedals using it, they all sound fantastic.

My TA-15 loves pedals. Here's some pedals I've ran in front of the amp: Boss EQ, Keeley SD-1, Blackstar Tube Boost, and Fryette SAS.

I have a bb preamp, an el capistan and a bluesky in front of mine all the time in the top boost mode, and it sounds great.

I also use a Maxon od808 to push the h1 setting, and that sounds awesome as well.

IMHO the TA-15 is a great pedal platform. As I love switching between Vox TB and Fender for the cleans I use pedals for OD sounds. I use an OCD set bright for humbucker guitars into the TB channel and a Wampler Pinnacle set a bit darker for single coils in to the same channel.

Due to the lack of an effects loop, I often gig with pedals into the top boost channel on the TA15. Sounds fantastic and huge through a Mesa Thiele 1x12. This amp takes pedals extremely well.

Just picked up the TA-15 new years eve. Not much time with it yet but so far so good with all of my pedals. Especially using the clean tweed and normal channels. Lots of headroom

Back