TA-30 Reverb Jack

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THP22

Reaction score
Just wondering, the TA-30 Reverb jack on the back of the amp next to the speaker inputs. Is that for a footswitch option? If so, what type of footswitch could I use? I didn't see one on mesa's site.

THP22 said:
Just wondering, the TA-30 Reverb jack on the back of the amp next to the speaker inputs. Is that for a footswitch option? If so, what type of footswitch could I use? I didn't see one on mesa's site.

Yeah. I just looked it up.

I am highly contemplating getting a TA-30, but you all have me avoiding the amp like it is the plague.

From the manual:
"There is a REVERB BYPASS jack on the Rear Panel (Bottom Rear Of Combo Chassis) that accepts a standard ¼ “ phono plug and by connecting a simple tip-to-ground type latching switch to this jack the REVERB can be triggered on and off. The EFFECTS LOOP must still be in the circuit for the REVERB to work and triggering this REVERB jack with the FX & REV switch in BYPASS will not turn the REVERB On."

There are lots of simple tip-to-ground type latching switches you can use, so you're not limited to the Mesa switch. Mesa wants $50 + shipping for theirs:
http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/fcr.html

Latest posts

Back