New Amp Day: TA-30 Combo and 1 x 12 Cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robberns

Reaction score
Have been looking for a portable low-power combo that can cover a wide range of material, from vintage cleans to crunchy Marshall-esqe stuff.
I found it in the TA-30.
Channel 1 gets me the cleans with enough headroom to be heard over a drummer, but with enough character that it doesn't sound sterile.
Channel 2 in Hi1 mode gets me close enough to Classic Rock crunch that with my EP Boost I can chug along and have a convincing Marshall crunch.
Not using the Efffects loop at the moment, running my Nova System in front of the amp (with a Duncan Twin Tube for mid-level crunch).
Very impressed with the amp so far. Wish you could switch between the clean and Top Boost modes, but oh well.
Still have the stock tubes in it, but I will be doing some NOS tube swaps to experiment.
Picked up the 1 x 12 extension cab for those times when I need a bit more volume.
IMG_1182.jpg

Cool Man, Nice Rig!!

I love my TA-30 112 Combo.......especially for the incredible "clean and semi-clean sounds" that I achieve while selecting single coil settings of my guitars. I also love the high gain sounds offered in the H1 mode of Ch2 while using the Bridge HB setting of my HSS strat type guitars.

While I love the many versatile sounds offered in the TA-30......my favorite is definitely the "Top Boost" mode of Ch1 with single coils. This is definitely "The Bomb" from Mesa Boogie for those that are after that Iconic "Vox Inspired Sound" of years past!! My recommendation is to experience this awesome sound in its purest intended form (30W without pulling to pot to act as a Channel volume knob). Yes, it is LOUD and PROUD in its purest form.....

Nice Job Mesa!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back