TA30 - Loud echo switching from CH1 to CH2, is it normal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borisson

Reaction score
Hello,

i love the tones coming from TA30....today i ve noticed a volume jump when switching from CH1 to CH2 while using the TC Flashback delay in the loop: when plying in CH1 with delay engaged switching to CH2 the repeats from the delay get very loud, a big volume jump, meaning that only the repeats that has been produced in CH1 and than fading in CH2 are much louder...than playing only the CH2 its fine again, ..same happens when using loop of the flashback: starting in CH1 and then switching to CH2 the volume of the flashback loop repeats jumps up a lot
i ve also notice that when playing some notes in CH1 with amp reverb engaged and then switching to CH2 i get a loud reverb echo in CH2. Switching from CH2 to CH1 none of the problems described above acure.
anyone experiencing the same?
thanks for help

I had a similar problem. Several variations of that theme, to be exact, over several different amps (see my earlier posts). Ultimately I was forced to accept that the loop design, particularly with the red channel, was absolute bollocks. Mesa refused to admit having ever heard of the problem (also likely absolute bollocks). This led to me abandoning the TA30 project, with great sadness, as I loved every tone in that amp.

I suspect there may be a revision in the works. My guess is a late 2012 TA30 will not have these problems. in the meantime, I'm digging the Mini Rectifier I picked up to replace it, but sorely missing the Vox TB tone from the TA30.

Today i ve been testing the loop again and found out that the loop line recorded in CH1 using the flasback delay in the loop of the amp gets very loud once switched to CH2, not only that, the loudness of the loop line in the CH2 can not be than controled by the master volume, it stays the same. This only acure when the loop line has been created in the CH1 and than switched to CH2. The other way around works fine.
So imagine a scenario like this: recording a nice loop line in CH1 using the TB and switching to CH2 with H2/boogie lead to play a solo along with the loop line...it wont work

any TA30 owner has the same problem? It would be really helpful to know...thanks

Back