TA-15 crackling noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JML

Reaction score
My TA-15 is making a low-level 'crackling' noise, which sounds rather like static. It happens on both channels. It's present in all three wattage settings, although it does seem a little more pronounced in 5W mode. And it occurs regardless of whether or not a guitar cable is plugged into the amp.

Otherwise the amp seems to perform OK. So right now it's more of a minor annoyance, particularly when playing at low volumes, whne it's most noticable.

Has anyone else out there experienced this on the TA-15 (or other Mesa amp)? Any suggestions on what the cause may be, and how to remedy it?

Thx

I've had my TA-15 for a few months and have not experienced any crackling noise.

Any time I've had crackling noises, a faulty cable ended up being the culprit. Maybe some of the more experienced guys can chime in as to other possibilities. Hope it's nothing serious.

Sounds like a bad tube to me. Look at the back of the amp with the power on. Is one of the power tubes glowing brighter than the other? Take a pencil (or similar) and tap the power tubes. Does this make the sound worse? If not, on to the preamp tubes.

Just a thought,

TW

Latest posts

Back