Loop mods for TA15?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man, you'd think someone would have figured on out by now. :-(

Get a Mini Recto? ;-)

I haven't heard of anything, but I will let the board know if something comes onto the scene.

I have no doubt it can be done IF and only IF space exists for the mod. I think you could get away with a solid state effects loop, but a tube driven one may present some logistical issues.

I did have a choke installed, and I feel like tone and dynamics improved. And I'll eventually get Mercury Magnetics trannies installed. I love mods!

I don't have my TA-15 anymore, but I'm still curious about this mod. Surely it must be a solid state effects loop due to space limitations?!

Word from a year or so ago is tha the TA-15 uses a post phase inverter master volume, so installing an FX loop post MV is impossible since the signal has already been split.

Installing the FX loop prior to the master volume would require some reworking to lower the preamp signal to a level where it won't drive the piss out of any effects units, which would in turn make it difficult/impossible to overdrive the phase inverter without adding another amplifier stage to boost the level back up to the original level.

Long story short... There's a reason you don't seen many PPIMV amps with an FX loop, and those that do have them are known to suck a lot of tone.

Back