Tube Or Solid State Rectified

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Langeman

Reaction score
I picked up the TA-15 about a week ago, and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made! This little baby does so many things, and does them well too.

I've been going through the manual and there's one thing that confuses me. On page 17 while describing how to send back the unit, it says to remove the Rectifier tubes and wrap them also. I've looked at the diagram on page 30 and inside the amp itself, and I don't know where the Rectifier tubes are. I've also read somewhere else on a forum that this amp is solid state rectified.

So I'm wondering if this is a typo. Does anyone know if the TA-15 is tube rectified or solid state rectified?

Thanks,
Brian

Could be an error. I don't own the amp, so I haven't read the manual. What I can write, is that you should refer to the tube task chart in your manual. There, you will find a layout of all the tubes in your amp and the answer to your question.

I don't believe that you amp has any rectification tubes in it though. If it does, I would suspect it would be a smaller rectification tube, unlike the ones found in the Rectifiers.

I own a TA-15 and can tell you that there are absolutely no rectifier tubes.

As much as I've enjoyed playing amps with rectifier tubes, I don't miss one on this amp.

Back