An opportunity for TA-15 owners from Mercury Mags

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talltxguy

Reaction score
Ok, I bought a used TA-15 from Sweetwater the other day. Then I called Paul at Mercury Mags and asked about transformers for the TA-15 as there are no options available on the website. He said that they would need somebody to send in transformers only so that they can create some based on the stock transformers. He told me that you would receive a nice discount for doing that. I agreed until I found out a few days later that my TA-15 is still under warranty. I'm not messing with it until it's out of warranty.

So if you're interested in getting Mercury iron for cheap, I would advise you to call Paul and set something up. I have nothing to gain from this other than I'd like to see the transformers available to us Mesa owners.

Interesting... but isn't the whole Mercury Mags thing something that benefits amps that come with average-to-crappy transformers in the first place -- i.e., NOT Mesas? My understanding has always been that Mesa transformers are some of the best you can get. Am I missing something? :?

Latest posts

Back