NEW Video: Royal Atlantic EL34 vs 6L6

Discussion area for Transatlantic and Royal Atlantic.

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

Assumer
Mark III

Re: NEW Video: Royal Atlantic EL34 vs 6L6

Post by Assumer » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:58 pm

HaggertysMusic wrote:
skunizzi wrote:I'm really wanting to love the Royal Atlantic more than my Electra Dyne but the clips don't really do it for me. I will have to go and check it out in person to judge properly. How many of you ED owners are thinking of switching over or already have?
You shouldn't feel like you have to switch. They make both amps for a reason, and if the Electra Dyne is your thing then there's no reason to look any further. You know what they say, if it ain't broke...

I agree, I personally feel the Electra Dyne is a better sounding amp. If it had the soak option, it would be killer.
All lefties
MM Axis Super Sport HH
MM JP6
Electra Dyne Head
Genz Benz 2x12 black pearl cab
AXFX2

HaggertysMusic
Mark III

Re: Upcoming Video: Royal Atlantic EL34 vs 6L6

Post by HaggertysMusic » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:20 pm

danyeo1 wrote:Same here. I've owned 2 Suhr's and played a bunch over the years and while they play great, most of the one's I've played are all bright and a bit thin sounding. The kicker for me was when I had a $400 Ibanez RG3120 that sounded MUCH better than a $2400 Suhr Koa standard. While LP's are very inconsistent, I'd still grab one for hard rock tones, or a good PRS over a Suhr.

But yes, my favorites are Anderson. I've got a Drop Top and a Bulldog.
One mans bright and thin, is anothers clear... One mans warm and fat is another's muddy... It's all good. I think we can agree that all of the above mentioned guitars are great. I try to mix things up for the videos, but you'll primarily see me use Suhr and PRS... Occasionally my Les Paul.

BTW, much love for Anderson guitars. Exceptional instruments, with an equally exceptional company and crew standing behind them.
Don Bonomini

Haggerty's Musicworks
2010 Mesa/Boogie Spirit Of Art In Technology Award Winner

Authorized Mesa/Boogie Dealer
http://www.haggertysmusic.com

Mesa/Boogie Product Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/haggertysmusic

J.J
Mark IV

Re: NEW Video: Royal Atlantic EL34 vs 6L6

Post by J.J » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:33 pm

skunizzi wrote:I'm really wanting to love the Royal Atlantic more than my Electra Dyne but the clips don't really do it for me. I will have to go and check it out in person to judge properly. How many of you ED owners are thinking of switching over or already have?
the RA does sound great, but I'm not changing my ED over. I'd like to own an RA as well and may well when they start turning up second hand. The ED and RA complement each other, with the ED being more USA sounding and the RA more British.
Triple Crown 50 combo
Electra Dyne and Royal Atlantic heads
Express 5:25 1x12 combo
JCM800 2203
Deluxe reverb reissue
Traditional 2x12, 4x10 and 23" 1x12 cabs.