why not buy a marshall?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabies

Reaction score
RA: so it's EL34-loaded, and reported to have a decent clean channel.

other than the multi-soak, why not just buy a JCM 800 for $1000 or be like me and buy a used H&K switchblade 100 watt for $450?

I guess I won't know til I crank one and find out? maybe has more low end than a JCM 800? sounds like it according to mark morton. so maybe more low-mids focused like a recto?

Is the RA touch sensitive and pick attack sensitive and dynamic like my VM 2266 or the ED?

There is no reason to not buy as Marshall if you want a Marshall .... I have owned several. If you want a RA-100 you do not want a Marshall .... You want a Mesa.

If you believe a pedal and a amp is going to sound like a other amp .... you are very wrong. That never happens as far as I know.

The RA-100 can do a lot more than a 800 .... even if there are some things they have in common.

I don't hear all that much in common with a JCM800. The RA is a unique amp unto itself. It is "british voiced" meaning it incorporates some of the good qualities of those amps, but the end result is something unique and not at all a clone of a JCM800 or any other amp.

First off, who cares what Mark Morton says or tweets. And why not buy a Marshall? Ok then why bother with Bogners? Why bother with Soldano? Why bother with Diezel, Engl, THD, 5150's, Elmwood, Fuchs, etc, etc, etc.

Technically speaking, I just messed around with a JCM800 2204 and it was useless to me because it didn't sound good until I was soo loud my 2 year old would never get any sleep. And I played out years ago with a 100 watter JCM800 and with the master volume below 2, the sound guy still turned my 4x12 around backwards to face the wall. :twisted: And yes, at stock tones the 800's don't have much gain.

danyeo1 said:
Even though Brad Gillis used 2 IIB with a stereo chorus pedal, i still think the Speak Of The Devil tone is a great example of Mark series tone.

And i have some MarkIII clips in my sig.

First off, who cares about Brad Gillis and what he uses for tone, or what he says he uses for tone. Secondly, if you want a Mesa, buy one. If not, don't.

:oops:

BostonRedSox said:
danyeo1 said:
Even though Brad Gillis used 2 IIB with a stereo chorus pedal, i still think the Speak Of The Devil tone is a great example of Mark series tone.

First off, who cares about Brad Gillis and what he uses for tone, or what he says he uses for tone. Secondly, if you want a Mesa, buy one. If not, don't.

Brad Gillis never had shitty tone like LOG always has. And almost 30 years later and MESA has him front and center as an artist. Let's see where LOG is 30 years from now.

danyeo1 said:
BostonRedSox said:
danyeo1 said:

Brad Gillis never had sh!t tone like LOG always has. And almost 30 years later and MESA has him front and center as an artist. Let's see where LOG is 30 years from now.

Wowzers, you sure are a feisty one, eh? And easily riled up for that matter. It's cool, I never said I was a LOG fan. Heck, I don't even listen to metal. Just letting other people know another tidbit about what is happening in the world of Mesa/Boogie amps.

I couldn't even tell you who Brad Gillis is for that matter!

[/quote]I couldn't even tell you who Brad Gillis is for that matter![/quote]

Well, I just don't like your username.

Brad Gillis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzVmABySwNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z92bmlcmyq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB3kQZJ2aLw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVaX7hPacIU

Okay, I just looked at a YouTube video of him teaching a solo. Now I remember who he is! He is one of the artists listed in Mesa's catalogue. Thanks for the links.

i like the part about if you argue with yourself you`ll lose! I never lost one with myself yet! HA HA HA!.....my wife wanted to know what`s so funny!

the moral of the story is that rabies threads usually stop making sense pretty quick :lol:

sounds like you`ve dealt with rabies in the past...I` m gonna save that line. It`s the best i`ve heard in a while!

Latest posts

Back